Architectural lighting is the process of crafting exterior and interior space with lights. Here, the illumination is done with the architecture. The crafting process requires specific skill, knowledge, experience, and moreover the potential to work at wide range of scales. This involves several technical challenges, exterior and interior lighting set up, and both natural and artificial light manipulation. Unlike theatrical lighting, where the lighting effect exists only for a specific amount of time, architectural light is supposed last for a longer duration. Architectural lighting is an art of creating an extraordinary atmosphere using light. A professional service can make this job easier and fulfill all the requirements of a project, because they know to operate luminaries, color, temperature, and lighting impacts with the overall feel, effect, and many other aspects.
Importance of Professional Architectural Lighting Service
There are many factors to consider while planning an architectural project, such as illumination, lighting design, and many more. Lighting is a difficult yet technically interesting and an amazing subject that needs expertise of several techniques. A lighting design is a combination of art and science. An owner of the project may not be aware of the need for professional lighting services, but with their experience and expertise, professionals can take the project to a completely different level.
Here are some of the main benefits of hiring professional architectural lighting service:
- Awareness of Latest Technology: Lighting technologies are growing rapidly with thousands of latest instruments and products being introduced every year. Professionals attend trade shows to understand the functionality of these lighting solutions. Professional lighting designers keep themselves updated and provide latest and cost-effective solutions to their clients. All in all, with the help of professional architectural lighting service, clients receive an ideal lighting solution.
- Technique: Illumination and architecture always go hand in hand. Lighting professionals are able to create precise scale, dynamics, and atmosphere. Nowadays, lighting design has become an essential part of architectural design, enhancing visual effect and complimenting each and every minute architectural aspect.
- Education: To provide an optimal lighting system, knowledge of art, physics, environment architecture, are all highly essential. Lighting professionals regularly educate themselves through reading magazines, attending trade shows, and through experience. They will have strong knowledge of fundamentals and this will help to attain the project goals.
- Professional Service: A well-qualified architectural lighting designer is able to provide expert advice in each and every stage of the project, starting from schematic design to implementation. Although they are slightly expensive, their service proves to be quite beneficial
- Cost control: Professional lighting designers help project owners to control operational and equipment costs. They will contact several equipment manufacturers and get the most cost-effective and quality equipments. Reducing operational cost of a project is crucial to any home owner. Most commonly, operational cost can be reduced by not over lighting the space, but utilizing the lights in an efficient and correct manner. Professional architectural lighting designers know several ways of reducing operational cost, from choosing the suitable wall colors to carpeting the ceiling, etc.
- People Costs: We all know that lighting effect is more important in retail stores to create an effective customer impact. Professional lighting designers are aware of this fact and they provide most effective and efficient lighting solution in places where “people factor” is crucial.