The design of a staircase is as crucial as any other component of the home and overlooking it can have a negative impact over the aesthetics of any place. Staircases do take up the valuable space of your home. Thus, you cannot compromise by making them either too steep or narrow. In addition, choosing inappropriate materials is another key aspect that you should make a note of.
Though, the final stage of design is left onto the professionals, yet there are certain things that you should know about them. At the end of the day, a staircase is a long-term investment that will remain the center of attraction of the space for years to come.
Know More About the Different Staircase Designs
When you research more about the different types of staircase designs then you realize that they are not only a functional but also a design element of a home. Some of the major designs that you might come across include:
- The L-shaped staircase comprises of two flights. A straight run with winders or landing with a return flight leads to the next stair, forming an L shape. Such designs allow you to use the space effectively and offer a striking presence in your home.
- A single design staircase; where straight flight stairs provide proper view of the top from the bottom. Thus, are able to create a dynamic appeal when situated at the hallway of the home or at the living space.
- The U-shaped staircase also comprises of return and straight flights in which the winders are midway through forming a U-shape when viewed from the bottom. These can even be beneficial for proper usage of the space.
No matter which design of staircase you choose, remember that its placement must be based on the overall design & style of the home, so that each and every element complement each other and complete the décor of your home in a harmonious manner.
What Are the Common Trends in Staircase Designs?
Most of the homeowners love to update their home according to the evolving trends and styles. Though much hasn’t changed in terms of staircase designs but professional do comprehend to the fact that the versatile nature of the designs has opened a new horizon of creativity, giving people to plan every component of the stairs as per the preferences that they have.
The common trends can be summarized as:
- Customization: Homeowners are now in search of ways to make their staircase stand apart from the crowd with the use of innovative styles and designs. This is the reason why they customize the components according to the concept that will blend with the beauty of their home.
- Transparency Effect: Another well-known trend is the use of transparency trend to amplify the appeal of staircase. To do this, most of the homeowners renovate their staircase with glass balustrades giving it a clean and minimal look.
- Use of materials: Earlier, the core of staircase was limited to wood and other associated materials, but now there are a wide range of materials that have made their way to this industry, such as steel, MDF and many more.
The Classic or Modernistic Style- Which One to Choose?
The various staircase designs can be broadly classified into two types i.e. classic and modernistic. Classic works well with traditional or contemporary homes while modernistic versions are ideal for the present era of homes that come with modern patterns, textures, and styles.
At the end of the day, the designs that you choose for your staircase should be based on the preferences that you have and how well does it blend with the aesthetics of your home.