Even though hardwood flooring has been all the rage over the last few years in the world of interior design, there are quite a few great reasons why you should fall in love with home carpets again. Keep reading to learn about five of these reasons and to decide if carpeting would be the right addition to your home.
1. Warm, Soft, and Comfortable | One of the best things about a plush carpet is how it feels under your feet and how warm it can make the floor in the winter. Carpeting is a great option for bedrooms and living rooms, where kids tend to play on the floor or where your family may want to sit or lie down on the floor while watching a movie, talking on the phone, or simply relaxing after a day at school or work. With so many different types of carpets and carpet piles, you can choose the one that you like best and feels the best under your feet.
2. Easy to Maintain and Keep Clean | Carpeting can be really easy to maintain and keep clean because all you have to do is vacuum the flooring a few days a week. You can also purchase a steam mop and use that to disinfect and deodorise your carpets quickly and easily. And when it comes to stains, if you use the right carpet cleaning products and treat the carpets as soon as possible, you can avoid stains altogether and keep your carpets looking like new.
3. Carpeting Won’t Crack or Dent | If you were to accidentally drop a heavy object onto your hardwood flooring or your tiled floors, you would likely end up with an obvious dent or gouge in the floor. Unless you are able to replace the board or the tile, there really is no way to fix the imperfection. But with carpeting, you can drop a heavy object and not worry about the carpeting being damaged as a result.
4. It Helps Reduce Noise | Whether you live in a one-family house with kids or you live in a townhouse or condo, if you want to reduce the amount of noise in your home, consider having carpeting installed. This is because carpets can muffle sounds and create a quiet and calm environment. Hardwood, on the other hand, will often amplify everyday noises.
5. It May Help You Breathe Easier | Even though a lot of people think that carpeting is actually bad for people who have trouble breathing because of allergies, there have been studies conducted that have concluded that carpet fibres could actually trap particulates that could potentially cause allergies. By immobilising these allergens, they will not become airborne, and your entire family can breathe easier as a result, especially if you vacuum the carpeting at least several days a week.
As you can see, there are several great reasons why carpeting is becoming increasingly popular in homes today. There are so many different styles of carpeting and colours to choose from, so you can find the perfect one to match the rest of your interior décor.