Is your bathroom troubling you? Are there chances of accidents in the bathroom due to slippery floor? Being the home owner, it is your duty to know the language of the bathroom and you must know what your bathroom is telling you? Answe is Very simple, It is demanding for some renovations. Help the bathroom deck up in new attire. To keep your bathroom safe and pleasant, it is time that you go for proper waterproofing. It is time saving, 100% waterproof, fast and easy to install and suits all types of buildings.
Step Wise Process Of Bathroom Waterproofing
- Take Measurements And Choose Accordingly: There are wide ranges of sealing sets. First, measure the total area that you wish to waterproof. L and U-wall should be used for waterproofing the shower section. Choose tiles according to the size of your bathroom area. It’s not a good idea to waste money.
- Examine Surface Adhesion: How about performing a strip test? Place a thin strip on the surface of the wall. Remove the protective foil. Hold the strip tight near the fleece and pull down the rest. If the strip comes out then you require a pre-testing of the wall with a primer. If not, then the wall is ready for a renovation.
- Clean Up Work Area: Check if the walls and floor are kept cleaned properly. A grease free and dust free bathroom will result in maximum bonding of the waterproof tiles. Otherwise tiles may tend to jut out.
- Cover With Corner Pieces Begin installation from the corners of the bathroom. You can customize the corner pieces as required. While applying, remove the foil. Put little pressure with spatula and remove air bubbles formed within.
- Seal Corners With Tape: Use corner sealing tape for covering corners. While removing foil from the tiles, be careful as they are brittle and tend to damage of the membrane. Like the corner pieces, put pressure and squeeze out the air bubbles from within.
- Use Waterproof Plumbing Material: Apply wall sleeves to seal all plumbing materials protruding out of the walls or floors. Before applying sleeves, ensure that the holes between wall and pipes are plaster free.
- Apply Membrane On Wall: Initially, remove 10 centimeters of the foil and set the membrane to the wall. Gradually go down and keep removing the rest of the foil. The direction should be from top to bottom. Overlap the membrane to hide the corner sealing.
- Finishing Touch: What if you make a mistake while applying membrane? What now! No matter how many mistakes you make, place corner tape below the strip and cover it with membrane. Finally, apply finishing tape to hide non-fleecing area.
- Lock Floor With Membrane: Wind up work by waterproofing the shower and the bathroom floor. Carefully cover the whole shower drain with the waterproofing membrane. See that you have adequate membrane to cover the overlapping sections. Waterproofing attribute is not guaranteed. Once the seam starts coming off it losing the power of waterproofing. Also make enough space of at least 50 mm near the shower drain so that there is less possibility of waterproofing getting damaged.
- Make A Passage For Shower Drain: After the floor is completely done, carefully cut out the membrane covering the shower drain. This will open the channel for smooth flowing of water.
- All Work Done! : You can directly place the waterproofing membrane with the help of a tile adhesive. Ensure that you use quality waterproofing products. Apply adequate coats of membrane and adhesive. Give adequate time to dry. Remember, waterproofing in wet areas will result in damage soon. Happy bathing folks!