Home décor is a concept that has been very much into the scene in this era of modernization. Earlier people used to decorate their homes, but it was never a compulsion. People being social animals love to socialize at their homestand with the advent of times this socializing has extended to a level that maintaining the decorum of their home has crept up to become an essential requisite.
However, keeping the homes beautifully decoder also shows the aesthetic sense of a person. It exhibits the lifestyle of a person and an insight into how they love to spend their leisure time.
Decoration not only means coloring the rooms with vibrant colors and hanging colorful curtains, it also refers to the furnishing of the floors, the tables etc. One such important criterion is the flooring. Floor tiles are a way to enhance the floors of the rooms to give a good look to the Overall ambience of the house.
Types of floor tiles
Floor tiles used in the homes are available in several types. These tiles not only make the houses look neat and clean but also requires the least amount of maintenance cost. Some of the different types of tiles are as follows:
- Unglazed or quarry tiles: Unglazed or quarry tiles are less expensive and durable. They give a beautiful look to the homes. They are mainly used for the kitchen. Cleaning these tiles is very easy as it requires very little amount of water. These floor tiles have limited color variations.
- Ceramic Tiles: Ceramic tiles are used in almost every household. They are most prevalently used and found in both unglazed and glazed forms. These tiles are found at affordable prices and have many colors and designs.
- Mosaic Tile: Mosaic tiles give a different look to the homes altogether. They are usually used in the places where there is less space. Being small they make a room look classy.
- Porcelain Tiles: Porcelain tiles are made at a high temperature thus helping to resist any kind of stain and moisture. The tiles are very hard and require strength to be cut. These are found in different textures and should be purchased thinking about the interior of the house.
- Natural stole tiles: Such tiles are made of natural stones like slate, granite, marble, onyx etc. These kind of tiles gives the best look to the homes and are loved by their users. They give a luxurious look to the homes and are extremely durable. Made of natural stones, they also have variations in colors and textures that is loved by the people using it.
Benefits of floor tiles
There are many benefits of using Floor tiles in the homes. Some of them are as follows:
- There are many designs and colors of floor tiles available in the market. This helps the customers to choose according to their demand, taste and preferences.
- It is available in different sizes too. This helps the buyer to choose the tiles according to the size of the room and according to their budget.
- Floor tiles are durable as the surface of the tiles is hard. This helps the tiles to last for a long period of time.
- The cost of maintaining floor tiles is comparatively less. Thus, people prefer tiles to any other flooring materials.
- Floor tiles do not contain any harmful products except a little organic compound that are harmless. So using these at homes is completely safe.
Therefore, floor tiles should be used at homes to increase the overall look of the interior. The house looks much more beautiful if the decoration is done in the proper way.