When it comes to safeguarding your property from the intruders, there is no better option than the aluminum shutters. These shutters being made from aluminum are strong and durable and these offer optimum amount of security. These shutters last for a long period of time and when it comes to their maintenance, there are many hazards. These shutters are available in different designs and sizes and these come with different features. Some of them can be operated with the help of a remote control and this makes life easier for you, while some needs to be operated manually. Irrespective of the mechanism, the aluminum shutters are the best option when you want to keep the intruders away from your property. Besides, they also play a crucial role in protecting your property from different kinds of natural hazards like heavy rain, storm, snow and etc.
In order to make sure that your aluminum shutter lasts for a long period of time, it is important to make sure that you take proper care of the maintenance part. Proper maintenance would not only ensure longevity but at the same time would make sure that your shutter is operating properly. In the following section, you will be offered a brief insight into some of the maintenance aspects of the aluminum shutters.
How to Clean and Maintain your Aluminum Shutters?
You need to make sure that the shutters are cleaned on a regular basis. This is important for their smooth functioning. Here are a couple of useful tips that would help
- You must ensure that the shutters have no dust on them. You can use a wet sponge to gently remove the dust. It is recommended that you do not try the dry dusting as it might cause scratches on the surface of the shutter. You can use different kinds of cleaning solutions to remove any kinds of stain marks from the shutter
- When it comes to the shutter’s surface, it is very easy to clean. However, the axle is one area which demands special attention. This is one place where the dirt and dust get accumulated. This area must be thoroughly cleaned with a sufficient amount of water. The access points must be targeted. After you are done with the cleaning, you need to make sure that you make use of the lubricant spray. These sprays would ensure smooth rolling of the shutters. Apply the lubricants at least once a month.
- Most of the surface contaminants and marks can be removed by applying mineral turpentine or a mild detergent; the white spirit can also be used. Please make sure that you don’t use scourer pad or any kind of abrasive solution.
- After you are done applying the solutions and the detergent, make sure to rinse he shutter with fresh water. These needs to be done in order to ensure that there is no leftover of the solution applied to the shutter.
- Aluminum might get affected by the atmospheric conditions. Therefore, in order to keep them safe from any kind of damage or contamination, you can use a lanolin spray which would offer and extra protective coating
- The rollers are very important when it comes to the shutters. If the rollers are not operating smoothly then you will face problems in pulling the shutter down or pushing it up. It is absolutely essential to ensure that the rollers are in a smooth condition and are devoid of any dust or dirt. Make sure to apply lubricant on the rollers so that they operate freely and smoothly.
These are a couple of cleaning and maintenance steps which would help you keep your aluminum shutters in a good shape for a long period of time.