Home remodelling is not just about reviving the look of your bedroom and drawing room, but the kitchen space too. It is very true that kitchen is one such space in our home that goes through a lot of wear and tear every day. The backsplash, countertop, wash basin/sink, and cabinets used in the kitchen lose their charm and shine with the passage of time. An untidy and exhausted kitchen area can really bring down the beauty of your home’s decor. This is the reason why kitchen renovations are so essential.
When we talk about renovating a kitchen, there is no shortage of options available. It is like an ocean; you can pour in more and more money into it; there is no limit. But, every house owner certainly has some budget constraints when it comes to renovating the kitchen in his or her house. So, it is important to come up with the best results within the set budget. Making optimum use of the money is essential. Hence, let us offer you some tips in this regard.
Excellent tips for kitchen renovations
- Sink and dishwasher– The placement of the sink and the dishwasher matters a lot. If you place them quite far from each other then you will end up with a greasy and wet floor, because you might frequently drop food and water while taking the plates and glasses from dishwasher to the sink. Therefore, when you renovate your kitchen, keep the dishwasher absolutely close to the sink; an arm’s reach would be fine.
- Planning the space– No matter if your kitchen space is small or a large one, if you make optimum utilization of the space available, you will surely be able to come up with a great design. Before going ahead with the renovation, surf the net check out thousands of images of kitchens on the web world. Imbibing ideas will help you in making your kitchen design more functional and beautiful too. Planning is vital in deciding where to place the sink, fridge, cabinets, dishwasher, dustbin, etc.
- Power sockets– Almost every kitchen these days have electrical appliances, such as grinder, toaster, mixer, microwave oven, tea/coffee maker, etc. Instead of installing the power sockets into the wall or backsplash, it would be better to consider the idea of sockets in the cupboards. In this way, you will nothave to drag out the appliances from the cupboard each time you want to use it. In this way, you will be able to make your kitchen more functional and aesthetically pleasing as well.
- Lighting– There is no doubt that home decoration and designing depends hugely on the aspect of lighting. It is vital to make sure your kitchen has adequate amount of lighting. With the advent of LEDs you are never short of kitchen lighting options, be it with innumerable designs, colour of lights, or price. Knives, hot oven, and hobs need to be handled carefully, and to do so, it is important to have proper amount of lighting. So, when you renovate your kitchen, make sure to include a few LED down lights. In addition, pendant lighting can also be considered. Likewise, don’t forget to include the under-cabinet lights.
- Cabinets– It is not necessary that you have to replace the entire cabinet during the process of renovation. You can simply replace the old veneer with a fresh one. In the market, there are tons of designs and patterns available when it comes to purchasing veneers for the cabinets.
In addition to them, there are many things that matter in making kitchen renovations more successful. The selection of wall colour, flooring, and counter tops should be done carefully.