The kitchen is regarded as the heart of the house, where you tend to spend a major part of your household. Therefore, it is important to plan the kitchen design in a way that it ensures your kitchen is both beautiful and functional, at the same time. There are several aspects to take into consideration while designing the kitchen. Hence, homeowners must be careful while planning kitchen designs.
The kitchen is where the family spends most of the time, cooking, eating, enjoying. Hence, its design and structure are a major part to reconsider while renovating or building your home. For homeowners, it is not just about the color scheme and the kitchen appliances which needs to be placed. The whole game lies behind the kitchen layout and how efficiently it is laid out for better functioning.
Below suggested are some tips and tricks for homemakers that would guide them in deciding on kitchen designs in a simple way:
- It is important to design the kitchen space in such a manner that there is space for walkways as well as for storage of different items including, spices, utensils, crockeries, containers, etc. Whether it is U-shaped or L-shaped, accordingly plan to place the sink, fridge, and the cooking tops all of this should be at 6 feet with each other for the convenience of use and functionality while working in the kitchen.
- It is important to ensure that there is no wastage of space. This mainly means that one should be aware of how, when, and where to position the items of frequent use that belongs to the kitchen. Therefore, kitchen designs must be appropriately drawn.
- Your kitchen design must be spacious and has enough of place to store the kitchen appliances and equipment. Most importantly, there should be enough space to walk around in the kitchen. Therefore, designing walkways is essential. For a regular kitchen, 36 inches wide area for passage is a must. Wide spacing from 36 inches to 42 inches is acceptable as per the standard requirement. Hence, all your side tables and kitchen islands should be planned accordingly.
- To ensure that your kitchen design is an accident-free zone, it is important to stay clear of sharp corners and edges in the kitchen which are generally found on cabinets and appliances. It is important to watch that these cabinets are highly functional and have enough space for door clearance and swinging directions, as well. Proper measurements can assure that there is no banging of doors on the cabinets and kitchen appliances when opened at the same time.
- One of the most crucial parts of the kitchen is the placement of lights. While cooking it is not only just the smell but the sight of the food as well which helps in assuring that your food has been cooked well. Insufficient lighting can cause the formation of shadows on the cooktop while cooking. Therefore, it is advised to place lights on the top of countertops to get adequate light.
- It is not mandatory to use the old kitchen appliances in your new kitchen. Even if you are saving up money, the old kitchen appliances in the new environment can look ugly and function in an improper way because of the new kitchen design. Therefore, have a good budget to make your kitchen functional and visually appealing as well.
With these tips and tricks, you are bound to make your kitchen the most beautiful place in your house. Select the most apt kitchen design to make your kitchen aesthetically please and functional at the same time.